During her exploratory sojourns to Antarctica, Lucy Jane Bledsoe witnessed many amazing sights, such as mummified seals, and picked up more than a few survival tactics; for example, if you should find yourself in danger of falling into a crevasse, you should stretch out your body to avoid dropping farther. Part memoir, part survival tips, part curiosities, Lucy Jane Bledsoe's book lets readers vicariously experience the author's adventures while on exploration in Antarctica. Annotation. Part memoir, part survival tips, part curiosities, Lucy Jane Bledsoe lets readers vicariously experience her adventures while on exploration in Antarctica.
The adventure: why I went to Antarctica -- Planning your trip to Antarctica -- Peninsula -- McMurdo sound -- South pole -- Antarctic glossary -- Historical time line.
- LCC: G863
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: ix, 101 p. : ill., maps ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover)
- Bledsoe, Lucy Jane -- Travel -- Antarctica -- Juvenile literature
- Women adventurers -- Travel -- Antarctica -- Juvenile literature
- Antarctica -- Description and travel -- Juvenile literature
- Bledsoe, Lucy Jane -- Travel -- Antarctica
- Women adventurers -- Travel -- Antarctica
- Antarctica -- Description and travel
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books