"The Hittites created one of the great civilizations of the ancient world, although it remained almost unknown until excavations in the 19th century revealed the extent and importance of the culture. For nearly five centuries the Hittites ruled over vast areas of Mesopotamia, building large cities and founding successive kingdoms, engaging in incessant warfare and conquering smaller tribes and peoples, and making significant contributions to the region's culture and religion." "Historical Dictionary of the Hittites includes hundreds of entries on important people, places, and institutions, as well as significant aspects of society, government, economy, material culture, and warfare. An introductory essay, chronology, and bibliography, and thirty-two photographs complement the dictionary. Scholars, students, and general readers interested in ancient history will find this a valuable reference work about the Hittites and their rediscovery by modern archaeology."--BOOK JACKET.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Dewey Decimal: 930/.049199/003
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxxiii, 364 p.
- Edition Info: (hardcover : alk. paper)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books