Histoire naturelle des Indes: the Drake manuscript in the Pierpont Morgan Library
"Though this work is often called the Drake manuscript, it bears on its title page (inserted when it was bound) the name Histoire naturelle des Indes -- The natural history of the Indies. That is an accurate account of its contents, for the volume contains 199 separate images of West Indian plants, animals and Indian life with accompanying captions written in late sixteenth-century French"--Introduction.
- LCC: F2171
- Dewey Decimal: 508.729
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxii, 272 p. : col. ill., facsims. ; 31 cm.
- Natural history -- Caribbean Area -- Early works to 1800
- Indians -- First contact with Europeans
- Caribbean Area -- Social life and customs -- Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, English -- New York (State) -- New York -- Facsimile
- Manuscripts, English -- New York (State) -- New York -- Facsimiles
- Caribbean Area -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800
- Caribbean Area -- Pictorial works
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books