Hippos in the night: autobiographical adventures in Africa
Biologist Christina Allen describes her adventures in Africa, including watching the shadow of a hippo lurking outside her tent, trying to ride a camel, and watching a dung beetle in action.
How I got there -- My first wild animal sighting -- Lost -- Tenting in hippo territory -- Camels rides and baboon friendsv-- Meeting the Hadza tribe -- Wild animal soup.
- LCC: QL84.6
- Dewey Decimal: 591.96
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 135 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Allen, Christina M. -- Journeys -- Africa -- Juvenile literature
- Endangered species -- Africa -- Juvenile literature
- Africa -- Description and travel -- Juvenile literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books