Hiking Oregon's History : The Stories Behind Historic Places You Can Walk to See
Recounted in a fresh style that's fun for armchair travelers and hikers alike, this guidebook tells the stories behind 56 of Oregon's most scenic historic sites. Come follow Lewis and Clark's trail across Tillamook Head. Ride with Chief Joseph on his tragic retrat through Hells Canyon. Discover paths to fire lookouts, lighthouses, and abandoned gold mines. Relive legends, discoveries, scandals, and triumphs that rocked the West. Come hike Oregon's history!
- Physical Description: 6.1"x9.0"x0.8"; 319 pages; 1.1 lb
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1999-03-01
- Amazon.com -- History -- Americas -- United States -- State & Local
- Amazon.com -- Outdoors & Nature -- Hiking & Camping -- Excursion Guides -- General
- Amazon.com -- Outdoors & Nature -- Hiking & Camping -- Excursion Guides -- United States -- Oregon
- Amazon.com -- Travel -- United States -- Regions -- West -- Pacific
- Amazon.com -- Travel -- United States -- States -- Oregon -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books