Includes bibliographical references and index. Ch. 1. Interrelationship of Health, Safety, and Nutrition -- Ch. 2. Promoting Good Health -- Ch. 3. Health Appraisals -- Ch. 4. Health Assessment Tools -- Ch. 5. Conditions Affecting Children's Health -- Ch. 6. The Infectious Process and Effective Control -- Ch. 7. Communicable and Acute Illness: Identification and Management -- Ch. 8. Creating a Safe Environment -- Ch. 9. Safety Management -- Ch. 10. Management of Accidents and Injuries -- Ch. 11. Child Abuse and Neglect -- Ch. 12. Educational Experiences for Young Children -- Ch. 13. Nutritional Guidelines -- Ch. 14. Nutrients That Provide Energy (carbohydrates, fats, and proteins) -- Ch. 15. Nutrients That Promote Growth of Body Tissues (proteins, minerals, and water) -- Ch. 16. Nutrients That Regulate Body Functions (proteins, minerals, water, and vitamins) -- Ch. 17. Infant Feeding -- Ch. 18. Feeding the Toddler and Preschool Child -- Ch. 19. Planning and Serving Nutritious Meals -- Ch. 20. Food Safety and Economy. Ch. 21. Nutrition Education Concepts and Activities -- App. A. Nutrition Analysis of Various Fast Foods -- App. B. Growth Charts for Boys and Girls -- App. C. Sources of Free and Inexpensive Materials Related to Health, Safety, and Nutrition -- App. D. Federal Food Programs.
- LCC: RJ101
- Dewey Decimal: 649/.1
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xx, 506 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm. + 1 computer disk (3 1/2 in.)
- Edition Info: (with electronic study guide)
- Children -- Health and hygiene
- Children -- Nutrition
- Children's accidents -- Prevention
- Child care
- Child Nutrition
- Accident prevention -- In infancy & childhood
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books