For more than two decades, Health Law: Cases, Materials and Problems has defined the field of health law, providing a balanced overview of law as it affects patients, professionals, institutions, and entities that deliver and finance U.S. health care. Health Law comprehensively treats topics concerns such as the oversight of quality (including the latest developments in patient safety), cost control (including consumer-directed health care), guarantees of adequate access to services, exempt-organization tax issues, transactions and relationships among health care professionals and providers, the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), and malpractice litigation. Written without a policy bias to fairly reflect all viewpoints, the book considers legal and ethical issues involving death, human reproduction, medical treatment decision making, and medical research. It also explores the government's efforts to control costs and expand access through Medicare and Medicaid and examines government attempts to police anticompetitive activities, fraud, and abuse. Using carefully edited primary materials and effective classroom-tested problems, the book exposes students to the core issues in health law.
- Dewey Decimal: 344
- Physical Description: 7.5"x10.0"x2.2"; 5.8 lb; 1689 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2008-05-30
- Law -- Family & Health Law -- Health Law
- Law -- Series -- American Casebook
- Law -- General
- Law -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Family & Health Law -- Health Law
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books