Includes bibliographical references (p. -248) and index. A literary example of haunting : Dr. Benjamin Spock -- A clinical illustration of some of my main themes -- Knowing, change, and good and bad expectations -- Beginnings and Wordsworth's "immortality ode" -- Change means loss : spring and summer must become winter -- The myth of Demeter and Persephone -- Another dream of death in a garden -- A clinical and a literary example : Edna St. Vincent Millay -- A second literary example : Leonard Woolf -- A third literary example : Sergei Timofeevich Aksakov -- On listening, knowing, and owning -- Gardens, unweeded gardens, and the garden of Eden : death and transience -- "The promise" and Ibsen's A doll's house and Hedda Gabler -- What do I know?
- LCC: RC465
- Dewey Decimal: 616.89/14
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 257 p. ; 22 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Client-centered psychotherapy
- Motivation (Psychology)
- Attitude change
- Psychotherapy -- Miscellanea
- Psychoanalytic Theory
- Medicine in Literature
- Parent-Child Relations
- Psychoanalytic interpretation
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books