Guilty creatures: Renaissance poetry and the ethics of authorship
Includes bibliographical references and index. Courting heresy and taking the subject: John Skelton's precedent -- Spenser and the poetics of indiscretion -- The properties of Shakespeare's Globe -- The witch of Edmonton and the guilt of possession -- Samson's death by theater and Milton's art of dying -- Guilt and the constitution of authorship in Henry V and the antitheatrical elegies of W. S. and Milton.
- LCC: PR428
- Dewey Decimal: 821.009/355
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 268 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- English literature -- Early modern, 1500-1700 -- History and criticism
- Death in literature
- English drama (Tragedy) -- History and criticism
- Poetry -- Authorship -- Psychological aspects
- Renaissance -- England
- Violence in literature
- Guilt in literature
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books