Grassroots Post-Modernism : Remaking the Soil of Cultures
This remarkable book draws its inspiration from what its authors describe as the post-modern epic now unfolding at the grassroots. It portrays the ways in which the worlds social majorities are now escaping from the monoculture of a single global civilization and regenerating their own cultural and natural spaces. In so doing, they are challenging the three sacred cows of modernity--the idea, entrenched in globalization, that there is only one, universally valid way of understanding social reality; the exclusive and general validity of Western-defined notions of human; and the notion of the self-sufficient individual, as opposed to people-in-community, which has grotesquely transformed how we see the human condition. This is quite simply, a book which will transform how one sees the world--North and South.
- Physical Description: 5.3"x8.5"x0.8"; 240 pages; 0.6 lb
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1998-08-15
- Amazon.com -- Business & Investing -- Economics -- International
- Amazon.com -- Business & Investing -- General
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Anthropology -- General
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- General
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Human Geography
- Amazon.com -- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Sociology -- General
- Amazon.com -- Science -- Agricultural Sciences -- Soil Science
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books