Grand Canyon: a century of change: rephotography of the 1889-1890 Stanton Expedition
Includes bibliographical references (p. -271) and index. The Denver, Colorado Canyon and Pacific Railroad -- The science and art of repeat photography -- The Century Club -- Herbivory -- The disaster of frost -- Floods, dams, and riparian vegetation -- Streams of mud and rock -- Crystal and lava -- Water running over boulders -- Sand bars and Glen Canyon Dam -- Stasis and change.
- LCC: F788
- Dewey Decimal: 979.1/32
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xx, 290 p. : ill., maps ; 28 cm.
- Edition Info: (paper)
- Stanton, Robert Brewster,1846-1922
- Repeat photography -- Arizona -- Grand Canyon
- Landscape changes -- Arizona -- Grand Canyon
- Repeat photography -- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico)
- Landscape changes -- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico)
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.) -- Description and travel
- Grand Canyon (Ariz.) -- Surveys
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) -- Description and travel
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) -- Surveys
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books