In 2004 a Danish newspaper revealed the provenance of the magazine-clipping source image for Gerhard Richteris 1965 painting Three Sisters, which had up until then been a mystery, even to the artist. The girls were in fact the three Danish princesses Margrethe (now Queen Margrethe II), Benedikte, and Anne-Marie. That newly topical work was brought to Copenhagenis Louisiana Museum of Art along with 80 others for the first comprehensive show in Denmark devoted to Richter, and this catalogue now provides an inviting overview of the important German artistis career. It also explores questions about the imagery from which Richter draws, which includes apparently anonymous material from newspapers and magazines, as well as snapshots by the artist himself and others. In addition to reproductions of his paintings, both figurative and abstract, this volume contains a biography, essays, and a selection of photographs of Richter from 1967 to 1999 by Manfred Leve.
- Dewey Decimal: 709
- Physical Description: 96 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2005-08-15
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books