George F. Kennan's strategic thought: the making of an American political realist
Includes bibliographical references (p. -171) and index. Foreword / Kenneth W. Thompson -- 1. Political Realism and American Foreign Policy -- 2. A Realist's Political Theory: On Man, Power, Morality, and Politics -- 3. American National Interest and the World Balance of Power -- 4. The Domestic Struggle for Power -- 5. The Forgotten American Art of Diplomacy -- 6. Force and War as Foreign Policy Instruments -- 7. Major Power Rivalry: The American-Soviet Security Dilemma -- 8. Kennan's Realism as a Theory of American Foreign Policy.
- LCC: E748
- Dewey Decimal: 909.82/1/07202
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxiii, 178 p. ; 25 cm.
- Edition Info: (alk. paper)
- Kennan, George Frost,1904
- World politics -- 1945- Case studies
- Strategy -- History -- 20th century -- Case studies
- Realism -- Case studies
- United States -- Foreign relations -- 1945-1989 -- Case studies
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Philosophy -- Case studies
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books