Gets beyond renewable energy hype with a complete guide to the science behind promising sources, such as wind, solar, and bio.
Front Cover; Fundamentals of Renewable Energy Processes; Copyright Page; Contents; Foreword to the Second Edition; Foreword to the First Edition; Acknowledgements; Chapter 1. Generalities; 1.1 Units and Constants; 1.2 Energy and Utility; 1.3 Conservation of Energy; 1.4 Planetary Energy Balance; 1.5 The Energy Utilization Rate; 1.6 The Population Explosion; 1.7 The Market Penetration Function; 1.8 Planetary Energy Resources; 1.9 Energy Utilization; 1.10 The Ecology Question; 1.11 Nuclear Energy; 1.12 Financing; References; Problems; Part I: Heat Engines. Chapter 2. A Minimum of Thermodynamics and of the Kinetic Theory of GasesChapter 3. Mechanical Heat Engines; Chapter 4. Ocean Thermal Energy Converters; Chapter 5. Thermoelectricity; Chapter 6. Thermionics; Chapter 7. AMTEC; Chapter 8. Radio-Noise Generators; Part II: The World of Hydrogen; Chapter 9. Fuel Cells; Chapter 10. Hydrogen Production; Chapter 11. Hydrogen Storage; Part III: Energy from the Sun; Chapter 12. Solar Radiation; Chapter 13. Biomass; Chapter 14. Pho. Electronic reproduction.Available via World Wide Web.Access restricted to subscribing institutions.Individual titles purchased upon selection by an affiliated user.
- LCC: TJ163.9
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 865 p.
- Edition Info: (electronic bk.)
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books