Fractals is a hands-on introduction to the visualization of mathematical objects, algorithms and data. The book gives a self-contained introduction to J as raster and object graphics are introduced. Fractal times series illustrate techniques for dealing with one-dimensional data. Studies of iterated function systems and chaotic attractors offer experience with visualizing two dimensional phenomena while investigating fractals and symmetry. Finite automata and fast Fourier transforms are used for playful things like the game of life and serious topics such as image processing. Similar techniques are used for studying classical complex dynamics illustrated by the Mandelbrot set and Julia sets. The mathematics of three dimensional projection is discussed and visualization of three dimensional data is the focus of scenes created by rendering J created objects with raytracers and OpenGL.
- Dewey Decimal: 004
- Physical Description: 375 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2000-08
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books