Formal Power Series and Stochastic Processes: Noncommutative Formal Power Series and Chaotic Representation of Stochastic Processes
This volume describes an algebraic aspect of stochastic processes. It is based on the link between noncommutative formal power series and the chaotic representation of stochastic processes. Volterra series expansion and formal power series are connected in the notion of causal functional for deterministic inputs. Here, the description of the algebra of the space on one-dimensional Ito processes is at the core of the monograph. Ito processes are characterised as classical iterated integral series. An extension to the multi-dimensional case is considered. The investigation of similar algebraic aspects of Levy processes is based on their chaotic representation. Classical arguments are employed throughout. A major application of the theory is the solution by series of differential equations.
- Dewey Decimal: 500
- Physical Description: 180 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2010-03-31
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Mathematics -- Applied -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Mathematics -- Applied -- Stochastic Modeling
- Professional & Technical -- Professional Science -- Mathematics -- Pure Mathematics -- Algebra -- General
- Science -- History & Philosophy -- General
- Science -- Mathematics -- Applied -- General
- Science -- Mathematics -- Pure Mathematics -- Algebra -- General
- Science -- Mathematics -- General
- Science -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books