"For salvation's sake": provincial loyalty, personal religion, and epigraphic production in the Roman and late antique Near East
Includes bibliographical references and index. The salutary ideology -- The reception of the salutary ideology in the Near East -- The demise and transformation of the salutary ideology -- Pagan, Christian, and Jewish dedications for personal salvation -- Localizing provincial loyalty and personal salvation : three case studies.
- LCC: DS62
- Dewey Decimal: 939/.405
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 244 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Inscriptions, Latin -- Middle East
- Inscriptions, Greek -- Middle East
- Middle East -- History -- To 622
- Middle East -- History -- 622-1517
- Middle East -- Politics and government
- Middle East -- Religion
- Electronic books
- Islamic Empire
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books