Federal Courts and the Law of Federal-State Relations, 7th (University Casebook Series)
This casebook provides detailed information on federal courts and the law of federal-state relations. Part I explores the intersection of federalism and separation of powers that provide the constitutional foundations of a modern Federal Courts course. Part II covers jurisdiction, and Part III deals with Federal Court enforcement of Federal rights. The final chapter is devoted to certain technically complex questions of remedial interaction, notably the relation of federal habeas corpus to Section 1983. The Seventh Edition of this established casebook features a new co-author, Curtis A. Bradley of Duke, and, to an extent, a new agenda. In line with Professor Bradley's interests, the intersections between federal courts and international law have been developed in considerable detail. Additionally, the Seventh Edition features a completely restructured habeas chapter, designed to present this increasingly complicated body of law in an more approachable manner. Topics include: The role of customary international law in the federal courts; International tribunals; International abstention; and Habeas corpus and the war on terror.
- Dewey Decimal: 347
- Physical Description: 7.4"x10.0"x2.3"; 5.2 lb; 1507 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-04-14
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books