Some contributions translated by John Bowden and Paul Burns. Includes bibliographical references. Introduction: Faith in an experience society / Maureen Junker-Kenny -- Societies of instant gratification in different cultures. Europe and North America / Zygmunt Bauman. Asia / John Joseph Puthenkalam. Latin America at the turn of the millennium : between immediatism and holiness / Maria Clara Lucchetti Bingemer -- Sociological analysis. Individualism, a change in values, the experience society : converging trends in sociology / Mikl�s Tomka -- Theological interpretations. The dangerous memory of Jesus Christ in a post-traditional society / Alberto Moreira. Instant gratification and liberation / Ferdinand Dagmang. The river and the mountain / Subhash Anand. Aesthetic existence and Christian identity / Michael Bongardt -- Ecclesial praxis: challenges, opportunities, models. Decline or transformation of solidarity? / Norbert Mette. New affective communities and the problem of mutual understanding / Diana L. Hayes. Fulfilment--experienced for a moment yet painfully lacking? / Hans Kessler. Documentation: The success of 'the experience society' and the most obvious mistakes in its reception / G�tz Lechner.
- LCC: BT771.2
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: x, 127 p. ; 22 cm.
- Edition Info: (UK)
- Faith -- Comparative studies
- Satisfaction -- Religious aspects
- Religion and culture
- Experience (Religion)
- Civilization, Modern -- 1950
- Postmodernism -- Religious aspects
- Liberation theology
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books