Throughout history, people have tried to understand Earth's place in the universe and what else, if anything, is 'out there'. This common human curiosity has led to great discoveries, from astrologers in ancient Babylon and Egypt who sought to link the strange planetary paths through the night sky to human behavior, to the 17th century when Galileo turned his first telescope on the night sky, to the 21st century when robotic explorers landed on Mars. "Exploring Space, Revised Edition" offers extensive coverage of human explorations into space - from 19th-century fantasy to 20th-century achievement and the future of space exploration in the 21st century - giving up-to-date information about the current state of exploration in the final frontier. Coverage of this title includes: native American astronomy; the U.S.-Soviet 'race to the moon' in the 1960s; how astronomers began to realize that Earth was only one of several planets; the challenges NASA has faced, such as the explosions of the Challenger and the Columbia Development of space stations; and, an examination of the future of space exploration.
- Dewey Decimal: 629.4
- Physical Description: 6.5"x9.3"x0.5"; 0.8 lb; 119 pages
- Edition Info: Library Binding; 2009-12-30
- Children's Books -- History & Historical Fiction -- Exploration & Discovery
- Children's Books -- People & Places -- Social Science -- General
- Children's Books -- Reference & Nonfiction -- General
- Children's Books -- Science, Nature & How It Works -- Astronomy & Space -- Aeronautics & Space
- Children's Books -- Science, Nature & How It Works -- Astronomy & Space -- Astronomy
- Teens -- Science & Technology -- Astronomy
- Teens -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books