Expert Testimony: A Guide for Expert Witnesses and the Lawyers Who Examine Them
Attorneys, order two copies of this book: one for yourself and one for your expert witness. It will give experts the confidence they need to be comfortable in court, and it will give you the skills necessary to emphasize the credibility of your experts. You can avoid pitfalls such as unintentional signals, inappropriate demeanor and appearance, and awkward body language by using Expert Testimony as your guide. With the addition of Elizabeth Boals as a coauthor, the second edition expands and amplifies the original book with -New guidance for experts and lawyers on the development and presentation of expert testimony in the digital age, including discussion of visual aids and electronic discovery -Updated analysis of the Federal Rules of Evidence and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure -Updated discussion of the ethical rules governing expert retention and testimony -Additional examples of expert witness examinations and detailed discussion of techniques for coping with lawyer questioning -Additional checklists for quick reference The collaborative effort of Professor Lubet and Professor Boals has resulted in a second edition that is worthwhile to both the expert witnesses and the lawyers who examine them.
- Physical Description: 6.9"x9.8"x0.5"; 0.8 lb; 208 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-07-21
- Law -- Procedures & Litigation -- Civil Procedure
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Procedures & Litigation -- Civil Procedure
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books