An instant classic--a rare, first-hand account of the Gulf War through the eyes of one of its most outstanding commanders.Through the words of Tom Clancy and the eyes of General Chuck Horner--commander of the U.S. and allied air assets during Desert Shield and Desert Storm--Every Man a Tiger reveals the planning and execution of one of the most devastating air campaigns in history: the Gulf air war. Never before have the war and its planning, a process filled with controversy and stormy personalities, been revealed in such rich, provocative detail. Every Man a Tiger is a front row view of a man, an institution, a war, and a way of war. It is an instant classic--a masterful blend of military history, biography, you-are-there narrative, insights into the practice of leadership, and plain old-fashioned storytelling.Includes an unprecedented first-hand account of how the Air Force reinvented itself after Vietnam a fascinating look into the heart of war includes maps, diagrams, and photos and more."Mesmerizing...every bit as entertaining as Clancy spinning a made-up yarn on his own." --Chicago Tribune"An absorbing, detailed, useful study of soldiers under stress and deadly events that tested their courage, determination, and efficiency." --Kirkus Reviews
- Physical Description: 6.0"x9.0"x1.5"; 564 pages; 2.0 lb
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2000-05-01
- Amazon.com -- History -- Military -- Aviation
- Amazon.com -- History -- Military -- Strategy
- Amazon.com -- History -- Military -- United States -- Operation Desert Storm
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books