Ethical Problems in the Practice of Law, 3rd Edition
Ethical Problems in the Practice of Law is a problem-based casebook sure to generate lively class discussion. Using real-world problems and cases, with emphasis on issues students are likely to face in their early years of practice, it places students in the lawyers position to engage in simultaneous strategic and ethical analysis of each problem.The Third Edition includes hundreds of new examples and introduces new material on current ethical issues. Outsourcing, contract lawyers, Internet advertising, and nonlawyer ownership of law firms are given thorough treatment, as are recent changes in rules and Justice Department policies. Sure to stimulate discussion, the companion website features a new recorded interview with the Guantanamo defense lawyer ordered to represent an unwilling defendant. Hallmark features: Co-authors Lerman and Schrag bring a broad range of teaching, consulting, clinical research, and policy-making experience to this problem-based text.Contemporary approach succinctly covers all essential topics through clear, thorough exposition. Challenging problems compel students to engage in simultaneous strategic and ethical analysis. Comprehensive presentation of all ethics and professional responsibility topics and issues, including: Confidentiality and conflicts.Ethics rules. Legal malpractice. Disqualification.Criminal law. Wrongful discharge. Pertinent constitutional law. Lawyer's public responsibilities. More than 70 compelling, detailed problems, based on real cases and real-life situations that students are likely to experience during their first years of practice.Famous and less well-known cases are the basis of most of the problems, placing students in the lawyer's role. Recent and projected changes in the legal profession, including those resulting from the 2008 financial collapse. Distinct graphical elements appear throughout to help students see the relationships among parts of rules or theories.
- Dewey Decimal: 174.3
- Physical Description: 7.8"x10.3"x2.0"; 3.9 lb; 1072 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-03-23
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books