Estate Planning Smarts: A Practical, User-Friendly, Action-Oriented Guide, 2nd Edition
This best-selling book for baby boomers and their parents is essential reading, whether you are tackling the subject for the first time or revising your plan to reflect changes in the law, your finances or your personal life.The expanded 2nd edition, available here, replaces the 1st edition, published in 2009. It covers the important 2010 tax changes that affect everyone and explains how to: Appoint someone to handle your finances in case you are not able to some day because of illness or disability Protect your spouse or partner Provide for young or disabled children, and grandchildren, too Hand down a family business Build a charitable legacy Shield assets from creditors Transfer non-probate assets, such as joint accounts, retirement plans and co-owned real estate Avoid family conflictsA lawyer, award-winning journalist and dynamic speaker, Deborah L. Jacobs is a frequent contributor to The New York Times and Forbes. She has also been interviewed as an expert by reporters from many different media outlets, including The New York Times, Bloomberg News, Smart Money, Reuters, U.S. News & World Report, MarketWatch and CBS TV.
- Dewey Decimal: 346
- Physical Description: 6.0"x8.9"x1.0"; 1.4 lb; 384 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2011-04-15
- Business & Investing -- Personal Finance
- Law -- Taxation -- Estates & Trusts
- Parenting & Families -- Family Relationships
- Professional & Technical -- Accounting & Finance -- Accounting
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books