Essentials of gerontological nursing: adaptation to the aging process
Includes bibliographical references (p. 545 ) and index. 1. The Older Adult -- 2. Demographics in Aging: Implications for Nursing -- 3. Promoting Communication in Older Adults -- 4. Promoting Physical Functioning in the Older Adult -- 5. Problems with Mobility -- 6. Problems With Other Senses, Temperature Regulation, and Pain Perception -- 7. Problems With Sight -- 8. Problems With Hearing -- 9. Problems With Speaking and Swallowing -- 10. Problems With Drug Administration -- 11. Problems With Nutrition -- 12. Problems With Sleep, Rest, and Consciousness -- 13. Problems With Skin, Hair, and Nails -- 14. Problems With Circulation -- 15. Problems With Respiratory Function -- 16. Problems With Tissue Oxygenation -- 17. Problems With Endocrine Function -- 18. Problems With Continence -- 19. Problems With Elimination -- 20. Promoting Healthy Psychosocial Functioning in the Older Adult -- 21. Problems Associated With Behaviors -- 22. Problems With Cognition -- 23. Problems With Sexuality -- 24. Problems With Substance Abuse. 25. Problems Associated With Abnormal Cell Growth -- 26. Problems Associated With Issues of Death and Dying -- 27. Family Structures -- 28. Problems With Abuse and Neglect -- 29. Problems With Living Arrangements for the Older Adult -- 30. Problems With Community Resources -- 31. Future Trends in the Care of the Older Adult.
- LCC: RC954
- Dewey Decimal: 610.73/65
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 557 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books