The second edition of the highly regarded Essentials of Food Microbiology offers a clear and informative introduction to the fundamental concepts underlying food microbiology, food-borne infection and food hygiene. Updated and illustrated throughout, it provides a clear and thorough account of the interaction of micro-organisms and food, without assuming any prior knowledge of microbiology. Using relevant examples from particular food manufacturing processes through to outbreaks of serious food poisoning, the basic principles of bacteria, viruses, fungi and parasites are comprehensively covered. For this new edition important contemporary and emerging topics, including genetically-modified foods, bio-terrorism and functional foods, have been added for the first time. This is essential reading for all undergraduate students of dietetics and nutrition, and food science and technology. Students of catering, food safety and public health at HND level and above will also benefit from reading this book.
- Dewey Decimal: 579
- Physical Description: 288 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2007-10-30
- Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Science & Math -- Biological Sciences -- Biology -- Microbiology
- Medical Books -- Pharmacology -- Toxicology
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books