Essential Lawyering Skills, now in its Fourth Edition, provides concise, straightforward explanations of problem solving, interviewing, counseling, negotiation, and fact analysis. Highly regarded in their field, authors Krieger and Neumann use numerous examples to illustrate new concepts, place topics in context, and engage student interest. Coverage of professional responsibility is integrated throughout the text. The Fourth Edition incorporates insights from the latest research on fact analysis, the storytelling process, and negotiation theory. The updated Teacher's Manual provides new material and suggestions for designing effective experiential learning courses. An ideal vehicle for teaching, Essential Lawyering Skills features: clear and succinct discussion that focus on the lawyer-client relationship and the mechanics of negotiation and persuasion, rather than on theory complete coverage of problem solving, interviewing, counseling, negotiation, and fact analysis an outstanding explication of the persuasive value of facts, with visual aids that show students how to organize their facts into fact patterns generous use of interesting examples that place topics in context integrated coverage of professional responsibility issues where appropriate a comprehensive Teacher s Manual New to the Fourth Edition: new insights for fact analysis from cognitive science research updated coverage of the storytelling process and negotiation theory state-of-the-art techniques for fact investigation
- Physical Description: 416 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2011-03-07
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books