English literature and British philosophy: a collection of essays
Contents: Georgics of the mind: Bacon's philosophy and the experience of his Essays / S. Fish; Thomas Hobbes / R.L. Brett; Realism and the novel / I. Watt; Locke and Sterne / E. Tuveson; Gibbon and Hume / L. Kampf; Blake's case against Locke / N. Frye; Mechanical and organic psychologies of literary invention / M. H. Abrams; Jane Austen and the moralists / G. Ryle; Moral problems and moral philosophy in the Victorian period / J.B. Schneewind; Victorian philosophical prose: J.S. Mill and F.H. Bradley / A. Donagan; Wittgenstein, nonsense and Lewis Carroll / G. Pitcher; The philosophy of F.H. Bradley and the mind and art of T.S. Eliot: an introduction / A.C. Bolgan; Yeats, Berkeley and Romanticism / D.Davie; The mythology of friendship: D.H. Lawrence, Bertrand Russell and "The Blind man" / M.L. Ross; The philosophical realism of Virginia Woolf / S.P. Rosenbaum. Bibliography (p. 357-360).
- LCC: PR149
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: vii, 365 p. ; 21 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books