Employment law continues to be an exciting and fast-moving area of law, in both the courts and academia. Throughout this well-received book, the authors address the proper roles of economic incentives and legal regulations in achieving desirable outcomes in the workplace, encouraging students to question common assumptions underlying authority in the workplace, discuss simple rules and effective rules and their contrast, and examine the varied legal responses to problems in the workplace. Adaptable to a three- or four-hour course, this casebook contains few internal cross-references so that chapters can be taught out of sequence without damage to the overall integrity of the course. The Fifth Edition of Employment Law: Cases and Materials includes the following: � Coverage of employment law implications of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. � New and expanded coverage of international dismissal standards. � Recent cases and developments on employee privacy, including City of Ontario v. Quon. � New developments in employment discrimination, including Ricci and recent cases under the ADA Amendments Act of 2008. � Comprehensive coverage of dismissal standards in private and public sector, including Engquist v. Oregon Department of Agriculture. � Integration of the new Restatement of Employment Law into notes and questions � New coverage of the California apportionment of workers' compensation benefits when the disability results from work-related and non-work-related causes [Brodie v. Workers' Compensation Appeals Bd.] � Expanded review of multiple penalties under the OSHAct when the employer exposes a number of employees to a hazard [National Association of Home Builders v. OSHA]
- Physical Description: 7.9"x10.3"x2.1"; 4.4 lb
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-01-20
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books