Employment Discrimination Litigation: Behavioral, Quantitative, and Legal Perspectives (J-B SIOP Professional Practice Series)
This practical resource includes perspectives from the point of view of both plaintiff and defendant for cases involving questions of race, gender, disability, and age. In addition, it offers an overview of the process by which complaints are filed, the statutes under which they are filed, and the authority represented by various case law. Employment Discrimination Litigation will illuminate myriad issues such as Daubert motions, class certification issues, the setting of cut scores that will withstand challenge, common statistical analyses of adverse impact, and merit-based issues. Employment Discrimination Litigation also Presents a temporal description of a typical employment discrimination case from start to finish Outlines the major guidelines that are often invoked in employment litigationthe A.P.A. Standards, Uniform Guidelines, and SIOP Principles Reviews litigation related to the Fair Labor Standards Act References written judicial opinions that relate the activities and devices most often employed by industrial and organizational psychologists
- Dewey Decimal: 658
- Physical Description: 5.9"x9.0"x1.8"; 2.1 lb; 672 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2005-02-28
- Business & Investing -- Industries & Professions -- Human Resources & Personnel Management
- Law -- Administrative Law
- Law -- Business -- Labor & Employment
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books