Emotional Disorders: A Neuropsychological, Psychopharmacological, and Educational Perspective
This book explores emotional disorders from a neuropsychological, psychopharmacological, and educational perspective in order to assist educators and clinicians in their quest for more meaningful and enduring interventions. The book contains detailed discussion on the neurobiological correlates of mood and anxiety disorders, and psychopathology and violence, as well as the neural basis of empathy and altruistic behavior. The relationship between executive dysfunction and emotional wellness is examined, along with a detailed synopsis of medication treatment options for children.There is compelling evidence that emotional wellness can be enhanced through early prevention efforts and appropriate assessment strategies to foster both social-emotional functioning and academic performance in children. This book will be of interest to psychologists, educators, and allied mental health providers who work with children.The first part of the book deals with the neuropsychological component of emotional disorders and provides both a theoretical and practical description, with discussion ranging from dysfunctional executive functions to right hemisphere disorders. The second section of the book is devoted to the psychopharmacological aspects of emotional disorders. A final section deals with the educational aspects, including learning, school achievement, mindfulness, and behavioral support programs.
- Dewey Decimal: 371
- Physical Description: 8.0"x9.9"x0.8"; 1.9 lb; 320 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2010-04-12
- Health, Mind & Body -- Mental Health -- Emotions
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling
- Nonfiction -- Education
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books