Eleven blunders that cripple psychotherapy in America: a remedial unblundering
Includes bibliographical references and index. Introduction -- We lost our economic savvy -- We turned our charismatic leaders into gurus -- Don't worry, managed care is a passing fad -- We are not a healthcare profession -- At war with ourselves: failure of the profession to own its training -- Our anti-business bias: an inadvertent vow of poverty -- Our public relations: a disaster or just a fiasco? -- Political correctness: we no longer speak as a science and profession -- Creating patients where there are none -- Diversity fiddles while practice burns -- RxP: is this our sole economic thrust? -- Afterword: Hope for a profession of endearing losers.
- LCC: RC480.5
- Dewey Decimal: 616.89/14
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xxxviii, 364 p. ; 22 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardbound : alk. paper)
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Psychoanalysis
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Psychotherapy, TA & NLP
- Medicine -- Specialties -- Psychiatry -- General
- Psychotherapy -- United States
- Psychotherapy -- Practice
- Psychotherapy -- economics -- United States
- Psychotherapy -- trends -- United States
- Practice Management -- economics -- United States
- Practice Management -- trends -- United States
- Psychology -- economics -- United States
- Psychology -- trends -- United States
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books