Elder Law: Cases and Materials, Fifth Edition, continues the broad coverage of many elder law topics including Social Security, employer provided pensions, age discrimination in employment, provision of acute and chronic health care, paying for health care including Medicare and Medicaid, housing, mental capacity and guardianship, abuse, and the ethical issues that arise when dealing with older clients. Because many use the book as a "jumping off point" for more extensive reading or discussion, the authors have clarified and expanded the explanatory material so that the student can understand the framework of complex programs such as Medicare and Social Security. In recognition of the importance of the extraordinary cost of long-term care, the authors created a new chapter, "Paying for Long-Term Care," that lays out how Medicaid operates, explains basic Medicaid "planning," the advantages and drawbacks of long-term care insurance, and discusses the other means, such as residence in a continuing care retirement community, that some use to pay for long-term care. In the chapter dealing with the ADEA, the new Fifth Edition features the latest cases that attempt to apply the statute to the complex world of employment. The reforms to Medicare in the last few years are fully covered, and the coverage of Medicaid has been rewritten to make it clearer. The authors have updated and added statistics that illuminate what life is like for older Americans and have expanded the "Questions" that will stimulate students to think carefully about the policies that underlie elder law.
- Physical Description: 7.8"x10.1"x1.2"; 2.5 lb
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2011-09-07
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books