"Ee-yah": the life and times of Hughie Jennings, Baseball Hall of Famer
"Baseball player and manager Hugh Ambrose Jennings was the kind of personality who inspired nicknames. Sportswriters called him "Ee-yah" for his famous coaching box cry and "Hustling Hughey" for his style of play. Jennings's story is emblematic of how the national pastime and the American dream came together in the early 20th century"--Provided by publisher.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 217) and index.
- LCC: GV865
- Dewey Decimal: 796.357/092
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: viii, 224 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (softcover : alk. paper)
- Jennings, Hughie,1869-1928
- Detroit Tigers (Baseball team) -- History -- 20th century
- Baseball players -- United States -- Biography
- Baseball managers -- United States -- Biography
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books