Ideally suited as a supplement in a law and society or constitutional law course or as a text for an advanced seminar, Education Law Stories provides an enriched understanding of a dozen leading education-related cases, focusing on how the litigation was shaped by lawyers, judges, and social factors, and why the cases have attained landmark status. In this book, a group of prominent education and constitutional law scholars have brought to life twelve of the most interesting cases ever litigated, a number of which are regularly taught in basic law school courses. Both cases in higher education settings and school law are included, and they make for fascinating reading. The volume is edited by Michael A. Olivas and Ronna G. Schneider and chapter authors include Robert O'Neil, Erwin Chemerinsky, Laura Rothstein, Wendy Parker, Rachel Moran, and many other leaders in the field. Cases have been selected to provide a historical sampling of different times and important issues, including religion (Aguillard and Santa Fe ISD), finance (Rodriguez and Southworth), race (Grutter, Brown, Lau), gender (VMI), and disabilities (Southeastern Community College), among others. The volume can serve as an assigned text for courses in law schools or colleges of education. Because education is such a fundamental social activity, these cases run deep and are fascinating proxies for the important themes of our times.
- Dewey Decimal: 344
- Physical Description: 6.5"x9.9"x0.8"; 1.4 lb; 385 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2007-12-04
- Law -- Specialties -- Educational Law & Legislation
- Law -- General
- Law -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Law -- Specialties -- Educational Law & Legislation
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books