Education and the struggle for democracy: the politics of educational ideas
Includes bibliographical references and index. Introduction: The politics of educational ideas -- 1. Education, politics and society -- 2. Democratic theory and democratic education -- 3. 'Gentling the masses': the nineteenth-century origins of the English educational tradition -- 4. 'Secondary education for all': the struggle for democratic education in twentieth-century England -- 5. The battle of ideas and the rise of the New Right coalition in England --6. The New Right offensive and the demise of democratic education in England -- Conclusion: Democratic education in the twenty-first century.
- LCC: LC93
- Dewey Decimal: 379.41
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xii, 233 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition Info: (pbk.)
- Politics and education -- Great Britain
- Education -- Great Britain -- Philosophy
- Democracy -- Great Britain
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books