Containing over 30% new content and two brand-new chapters, this updated casebook focuses on both K-12 and higher education issues, addressing legal and public policy controversies that impact communities across the nation. Sixty original hypotheticals are included throughout the eleven substantive chapters, which contain extensive material on technology-related issues, recent developments in First Amendment law, and equal access to quality education generally. Topical coverage includes campus safety and the criminal justice system, the rights of educators, bilingual education, special education, religion in the schools, and expanded coverage of privacy law issues, disability rights in postsecondary education, the school-to-prison pipeline, the bullying problem, efforts to legislate accountability and teacher quality, and the burgeoning charter school movement.
- Dewey Decimal: 344
- Physical Description: 8.0"x10.1"x1.7"; 4.2 lb; 1056 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-05-11
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books