Ecological communities and processes in a Mojave Desert ecosystem: Rock Valley, Nevada
Deserts provide a harsh and inhospitable environment for plants and animals, and the ecosystem is correspondingly fragile and prone to disruption by a variety of external factors. The Mojave Desert is a winter-rainfall desert, experiencing drought in the summer months and occasional rain during the cooler winter months. For many years it has attracted the attention of ecologists and conservation biologists concerned to maintain the unique status of this region. This book provides a broad overview of plant and animal ecology in the Mojave Desert, presented with a focus on data from Rock Valley, Nevada. The data from many research projects is organised into a synthesis describing community structure and dynamics in desert ecosystems.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 318-349) and indexes.
- LCC: QH105
- Dewey Decimal: 574.5/2652/09793
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xvii, 369 p. : ill., maps ; 26 cm.
- Edition Info: (hardba
- Desert ecology -- Nevada -- Rock Valley
- Adaptation (Biology) -- Nevada -- Rock Valley
- Nature -- Effect of human beings on -- Nevada -- Rock Valley
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books