Early Childhood Development: From Understanding to Initiatives ...
Despite the wide array of theoretical frameworks and research in the discipline of child development, there is a dearth of guidance to implement that knowledge in real world settings. This book nicely bridges the gap between theory and practice and successfully presents the integration of psychology, sociology, and public health of early childhood development in the much needed cross cultural context of the developing countries. The book takes this interdisciplinary approach a step further, and provides a detailed account to conceptualise and implement community based programmes to achieve optimal early childhood development. The text is developed on the belief that organised effort to ensure a better future for our children requires a basic understanding of principles of their growth and development, and skills to scientifically observe them.
- Physical Description: 0.0 lb; 256 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2008-01
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books