Drug Information Handbook for Advanced Practice Nursing, 2009-2010: A Comprehensive Resource for Nurse Prctitioners, Nurse Midwives, and Clinical Specialists, ... (Lexi-Comp's Drug Reference Handbooks)
As the role of the Advanced Practice Nurse grows, so does the need to be informed and knowledgeable about safe pharmacotherapy. "The Drug Information Handbook for Advanced Practice Nursing" provides reliable, comprehensive drug information in a format designed to help you efficiently prescribe for, monitor, and educate patients. The increasing complexity of clinical care and the development of new therapies contribute to the challenges of prescriptive practice. "The Drug Information Handbook for Advanced Practice Nursing" compiles the best information about current drug therapy, so prescribing concerns can be addressed quickly and precisely. Over 4800 medications are included in this reference, listed alphabetically by generic and brand name. Each drug monograph contains up to 60 fields of information, including dosing, therapeutic purpose, and possible adverse effects. Safe prescribing guidelines include data on prescribing for children, adults and the elderly. A must-have reference for guiding care in the fast-changing fields of pharmacotherapeutics. Updates to this edition include 40 new drug monographs, additional monograph fields, drug interactions - avoid concomitant use, product availability, new appendix guidelines, hemodynamic support, intravenous, target INR ranges for adult patients with prosthetic heart valves, treatment of elevated INR due to warfarin, appendix updates, compatibility of drugs, diagnostic and surgical aids, immunization recommendations, and immunizations.
- Dewey Decimal: 615
- Physical Description: 4.5"x9.1"x2.3"; 2.9 lb; 2183 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2009-06-30
- Medicine -- Nursing -- Nurse & Patient
- Medicine -- Nursing -- Pharmacology
- Medicine -- Nursing -- General
- Medicine -- Nursing -- General AAS
- Medicine -- Pharmacology -- General
- Medicine -- General
- Medicine -- General AAS
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Nursing -- Patient Education
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Nursing -- Pharmacology
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Nursing -- General
- Professional & Technical -- Medical -- Nursing -- General AAS
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books