This startling book provides new insight into an increasingly controversial figure whose work has left an indelible mark on the modern world Today, nearly sixty years after his death, the field of psychoanalysis still swarms with controversy about Sigmund Freud's career. His work has been picked apart by fellow theorists, who seek either to canonize his intellectual prowess or to vilify both the man and his work. Paul Ferris's new biography avoids this fashionable polemic, attending to the details of Freud's personal existence. A balanced, fair-minded work, free from the technicalities of psychoanalytic jargon, Dr. Freud is a robust and sympathetic portrait-a stunning look at a complex soul.
- Dewey Decimal: 150.1952092
- Physical Description: 6.0"x9.2"x1.3"; 1.5 lb; 464 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 1999-07-01
- Biographies & Memoirs -- Professionals & Academics -- Social Scientists & Psychologists
- Biographies & Memoirs -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Cognitive
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Psychoanalysis
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books