Elizabeth M. Schneider (Brooklyn Law School) and Clare Dalton (Northeastern University School of Law) are joined by two new authors, Judith G. Greenberg (New England School of Law) and Cheryl Hanna (Vermont Law School) in this exciting new Second Edition. The casebook maintains its rich focus on examining domestic violence through a variety of theoretical, practical, and interdisciplinary lenses and remains the most comprehensive casebook on domestic violence. This book is widely used in law school courses and clinics on domestic violence, heavily adopted in undergraduate and graduate courses, and routinely relied upon by judges, attorneys, and other professionals who work in the field. The Second Edition captures the tremendous growth in domestic violence law and includes the many recent Supreme Court cases implicating domestic violence, including Crawford v. Washington, Davis v. Washington, Dixon v. United States, Georgia v. Randolph, Ayotte v. Planned Parenthood of Northern New England, and Castle Rock v. Gonzales. The new edition emphasizes the current expansion of case law and contains updated notes with practical problems. It adds three new chapters: sexual autonomy, reproductive rights and domestic violence; evidence in domestic violence cases and immigration, asylum and domestic violence. It streamlines the family law materials, highlights the most pressing issues in criminal law, and broadens the already significant integration of issues of diversity throughout the book including more materials on the impact of domestic violence on Native Americans, Muslims, teens, and the elderly.
- Dewey Decimal: 345
- Physical Description: 1045 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2007-12-05
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books