Do Historical Matters Matter to Faith?: A Critical Appraisal of Modern and Postmodern Approaches to Scriptures
Equips Christians to defend the doctrine of inerrancy against a culture and academy ever skeptical of the Bibles historical claims.Is historical accuracy an indispensable part of the Bibles storyline, or is Scripture only concerned with theological truths? As progressive evangelicals threaten to reduce the Bibles jurisdiction by undermining its historical claims, every Christian who cares about the integrity of Scripture must be prepared to answer this question.Do Historical Matters Matter to Faith? offers a firm defense of Scriptures legitimacy and the theological implications of modern and postmodern approaches that teach otherwise. In this timely and timeless collection of essays, scholars from diverse areas of expertise lend strong arguments in support of the doctrine of inerrancy. Contributors explore how the specific challenges of history, authenticity, and authority are answered in the text of the Old and New Testaments as well as how the Bible is corroborated by philosophy and archaeology.With contributions from respected scholarsincluding Allan Millard, Craig Blomberg, Graham Cole, Michael Haykin, Robert Yarbrough, and Darrell BockDo Historical Matters Matter to Faith? arms Christians with fresh insight, arguments, and language with which to defend Scriptures historical accuracy against a culture and academy skeptical of those claims.
- Dewey Decimal: 230
- Physical Description: 576 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2012-02-29
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books