Divine will and the mechanical philosophy: Gassendi and Descartes on contingency and necessity in the created world
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- LCC: B1887
- Dewey Decimal: 123/.092/2
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xi, 284p.
- Gassendi, Pierre,1592-1655 -- Contributions in mechanical philosophy
- Descartes, Ren�,1596-1650 -- Contributions in mechanical philosophy
- God -- Will -- History of doctrines -- 17th century
- Providence and government of God -- History of doctrines -- 17th century
- Contingency (Philosophy)
- Necessity (Philosophy)
- Free will and determinism -- History -- 17th century
- Science -- Philosophy -- History -- 17th century
- Philosophy of nature -- History -- 17th century
- Descartes, Ren,? -- 1596-1650 -- Contributions in mechanical philosophy
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books