Describing early America: Bartram, Jefferson, Crèvecoeur, and the rhetoric of natural history
Includes bibliographical references (p. -183) and index.
- LCC: PS367
- Dewey Decimal: 508.73
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xiii, 189 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- American prose literature -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 -- History and criticism
- American prose literature -- Revolutionary period, 1775-1783 -- History and criticism
- Natural history -- United States -- Historiography
- Nature in literature
- Rhetoric -- Early works to 1800
- United States -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800
- American prose literature -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- History and criticism
- Rhetoric -- 1500-1800
- United States -- Description and travel -- To 1783
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books