Includes bibliographical references and index. Critical essays. Read it and (don't) weep : textual irony in the Inferno / by Lawrence Baldassaro -- Dante's beloved yet damned Virgil / by Guy P. Raffa -- Inferno I : breaking the silence / by Denise Heilbronn-Gaines -- Dante's Inferno, Canto IV / by Amilcare A. Iannucci -- Behold Francesca who speaks so well (Inferno V) / by Mark Musa -- Iconographic parody in Inferno XXI / by Christopher Kleinhenz -- Virgil and Dante as mind-readers (Inferno XXI and XXIII) / by Robert Hollander -- The plot-line of myth in Dante's Inferno / by Ricardo J. Quinones -- Hell as the mirror image of paradise / by Joan M. Ferrante -- Dante in the cinematic mode : an historical survey of Dante movies / by John P. Welle.
- LCC: PQ4315.2
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: xviii, 409 p. ; 25 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books