Includes bibliographical references (p. 301-311) and index. Worn worlds: clothes, mourning, and the life of things / Peter Stallybrass -- Memory confined / Liliane Weissberg -- From calendar custom to national memory: European commonplaces / Dorothy Noyes and Roger D. Abrahams -- Sites of memory: discourses of the past in Israeli pioneering settlement museums / Tamar Katriel -- The liberation of Buchenwald: images and the shape of memory / Barbie Zelizer -- Custer loses again: the contestation over commodified public memory / Roberta Pearson -- "You must remember this...": or libraries as a locus of cultural memories / Daniel Traister -- Placing race at Jefferson's Monticello / Robert Blair St. George -- Critical memory and the Black public sphere / Houston Baker, Jr.
- LCC: D16.9
- Dewey Decimal: 901
- Language: eng
- Physical Description: 333 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books