Criminal Procedure: Investigation and Right to Counsel, Second Edition, is derived from the successful casebook Comprehensive Criminal Procedure and is designed for a short survey course or a traditional investigation course. Like the parent book, it covers investigation using a thematic approach and offers an appropriate balance of explanatory text and secondary material with well-written notes. The Second Edition of this sophisticated book adds new co-author, Andrew Leipold, one of the nation's leading criminal procedure scholars, who brings a wealth of knowledge and teaching experience to the new edition. Written by an outstanding author team, this casebook offers: A manageable, accessible format. Thematic organization, structured around important main themes: Real-world implications of alternative regulatory regimes The power of legislatures to indirectly eliminate procedural rights through changes in substantive criminal law Modern law of criminal procedure as a direct consequence of the effort to end racial discrimination in the United States The impact of limited resources Sound grounding in the criminal process and the right to council. Thorough coverage of Boyd v. United State The Fourth Amendment The Fifth Amendment Investigating Complex Crimes New to the Second Edition: Updated throughout. Substantial revision of Chapter 3, Right to Counsel, fully incorporating recent and important developments in the areas of ineffective assistance and self-representation, and improving both content and organization of cases and notes throughout the chapter. Reworking of Chapter 6, the Fifth Amendment, taking into account Supreme Court's recent line of Miranda decisions, as well as the recent dismantling of Michigan v. Jackson doctrine regarding the Sixth Amendment right to counsel.
- Dewey Decimal: 345.73056
- Physical Description: 7.4"x9.9"x1.9"; 3.9 lb; 1060 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2011-07-22
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books