Criminal Law: Cases and Materials has long been respected for its distinguished authorship. The late John Kaplan's extraordinary work continues with the scholarship of Robert Weisberg and Guyora Binder. Their renowned interdisciplinary approach fuels class discussion as it enriches study. Logically organized into six categories, the text addresses the purposes and limits of punishment and considers the meaning and types of crime. Well-edited cases, interesting materials, and clear notes combine with cutting-edge issues and important social questions, such as who and why we punish. Especially strong are the discussions on the death penalty, rape, and other forms of sexual assault as well as sentencing proportionality, possession crimes, and felony murder. The Seventh Edition features updated material and cases throughout the text. Hallmark features: Strong authorship o The late John Kaplan, a storied teacher and scholar o Weisberg and Binder, noted scholars in criminal law Interdisciplinary approach o fuels class discussion o enriches study Well-edited cases, interesting materials, and clear notes Logical organization o six categories o address the purposes and limits of punishment o cover the meaning and types of crime Cutting-edge issues of the law and important social questions , such as who and why we punish Strong coverage of the death penalty, rape, and other forms of sexual assault The revised Seventh Edition presents: Updated materials and cases throughout
- Physical Description: 7.7"x10.2"x1.8"; 3.7 lb; 1168 pages
- Edition Info: Hardcover; 2012-07-26
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books