Counseling and Educational Research: Evaluation and Application
Fills a special niche for courses in counseling and educational research The Second Edition of Counseling and Educational Research: Evaluation and Application emphasizes the importance of being a good consumer of research and teaches the practitioner how to conduct research in practice. Author Rick Houser uses concrete examples from the professional literature to demonstrate how to effectively evaluate and interpret research articles. In order to give the reader a chance to see the evaluation of an article from beginning to end, this new edition uses several articles throughout the book to illustrate the methods of evaluation and interpretation rather than using different articles for each segment of an article. New to the Second Edition Offers more material on qualitative research Includes a new chapter on statistical methods Provides a new chapter on mixed methods Incorporates a new chapter on searching articles in professional journals and searching various online databases Summarizes recent developments through a new chapter on evidence-based research Presents new articles to draw on for examples Gives ACA ethical guidelines and expanded coverage on program evaluation Intended Audience This book is specifically written for introductory courses in research methods at the advanced undergraduate and graduate levels in the fields of counseling, social work, education, and psychology.
- Dewey Decimal: 001.4071
- Physical Description: 6.0"x8.8"x0.8"; 0.8 lb; 296 pages
- Edition Info: Paperback; 2008-11-19
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Counseling -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Counseling -- General AAS
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Research
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- Testing & Measurement
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General
- Health, Mind & Body -- Psychology & Counseling -- General AAS
- Nonfiction -- Education -- Education Theory -- Research
- Nonfiction -- Social Sciences -- Research
- Reference -- Education -- Research
Buying This Book
We query many merchants so that you can instantly compare prices and availability. You can even check historic prices and subscribe for notifications. For a manual check, clicking on a link will open a new window with a search for this book on the merchant's site of your choice.
- Amazon.com by title or by ISBN - widest selection, reliable service, good prices
- Abebooks.com by title or by ISBN - good source for rare and out-of-print books
- Textbooks.com by title or by ISBN - large inventory of new & used textbooks
- Alibris.com by title or by ISBN - their slogan is "books you thought you'd never find"
- eCampus.com by title or by ISBN - they specialize in textbooks, used and new
- BN.com by title or by ISBN - Barnes & Noble has a wide selection of new and used books